United States Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division
Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act
2010 Regulations
2010 Design Standards
Technical Assistance Materials
Enforcement Filing an HIV/AIDS Discrimination Complaint

You can file an Americans with Disabilities Act complaint alleging disability discrimination, including any complaint alleging violations against people with HIV/AIDS, against a State or local government or a public accommodation by mail or e-mail. To learn more about filing an ADA complaint, visit To file an ADA complaint, you simply need to provide us with the details of the discrimination.

To file a complaint electronically, complete the ADA Online Complaint Form

To file a complaint by mail, fax or email, fill out this form and mail, fax, or e-mail the information to:

US Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Civil Rights Division
Disability Rights Section 1425 NYAV
Washington, D.C. 20530
Fax: (202) 307-1197

If you have questions about filing an ADA complaint, please call:
ADA Information Line: 800-514-0301 (voice) or 800-514-0383 (TTY).

To file complaints related to discrimination in employment or housing, visit:

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission -

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development -