1. The parties to this Subagreement are the United States and Dixie Management II, Inc.(the "Owner").
2. Listed in the Specific Remedies Section below, are architectural barriers to access (Non-compliant Features), within the meaning of Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), which were alleged in a complaint filed with the United States concerning the Holiday Inn, Englewood/Dayton Airport, Ohio, 10 Rockridge Road, Englewood, OH 45322 (the "Hotel"), or which were identified during the United States' investigation of the complaint. The list is not exhaustive, and may not include every Non-compliant Feature at the Hotel.
3. Following the Non-compliant Features in the Specific Remedies Section below are listed the modifications that will be undertaken at the Hotel. In addition to any specific references below, all modifications undertaken will comply with all relevant provisions of the ADA Standards for Accessible Design ("Standards"), 28 C.F.R. pt. 36, Appendix A.
4. All citations and references are to the Department of Justice Regulation for Title III of the ADA, 28 C.F.R. pt. 36, or the Standards. Citations following Non-compliant Features are not necessarily exhaustive; other provisions may apply.
5. Staff Training: The Owner will ensure that all Hotel employees are trained regarding all ADA issues relevant to the Hotel, including, but not limited to, use of auxiliary aids (e.g. telecommunication devices for the deaf (TDD's), closed caption decoders)and their distribution to guests, guest rooms and other features which are accessible to people with mobility impairments, and the maintenance of accessible routes. All employees, including housekeeping and maintenance personnel, will be trained in these issues no less than semi-annually, and all new employees will be trained in these issues when they begin employment.
6. Restaurant Toilet Rooms
a) The doorways to the toilet rooms are too narrow to allow wheelchair passage and lack sufficient maneuvering clearance. Standards §§ 4.22.2; 4.13.5; 4.13.6.
b) Both the men's and women's toilet rooms lack a stall that meets the required size and configurations. Standards §§ 4.22; 4.17 and Figure 30(a).
c) Modifications: Within 1 year of the effective date of this Agreement, the Owner will install a new unisex restroom in the restaurant. This restroom will comply with all relevant provisions of the Standards, including, but not limited to, Figure 30(a) and the other provisions listed in paragraphs 6(a) and (b) above.
7. The parties agree to comply with relevant provisions of the Primary Agreement between the United States and Bass Hotels & Resorts with regard to alternative dispute resolution.
8. In the event any party fails to comply with any requirement of this Subagreement without obtaining sufficient advance written agreement with the United States as to a temporary modification of the relevant terms of the Subagreement, all then applicable terms of this Subagreement shall become immediately enforceable in a United States District Court. Such failures to comply will be considered subsequent violations, within the meaning of Title III of the ADA.
9. This Subagreement is limited to the facts set forth in it. This Subagreement does not address or remedy any other ADA claims or other claims under Federal law at the Hotel, or by the signors to the Subagreement.
10. The effective date of this Subagreement is the date of the last signature below.
11. This Subagreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors in interest, and each party has a duty to so notify all such successors in interest.
12. Signors of this Subagreement on behalf of the parties represent that they are authorized to bind those parties to this Subagreement.
For the United States:
John L. Wodatch (date)
Disability Rights Section
Civil Rights Division
U.S. Department of Justice
P.O. Box 66738
Washington, D.C. 20035-6738
For Dixie Management II, Inc:
Roy Smith (date)
Dixie Management II, Inc.
3440 Southdale Drive
Dayton, Ohio 45409
Vice President, Worldwide
Reservations and Guest Relations
Bass Hotels & Resorts
Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 2000
Atlanta, GA 30346
February 8, 1999