Figure 11: NPV for Selected Facilities

            The figure shows S-shaped curves that compare the likely NPV for three illustrative facility groups.  The x axis is labeled "Net Present Value (billions $)" and the y axis is labeled "Probability of Not Exceeding."  The S-shaped curve for the Inns facility group is on the far left of the figure and uses small circles to designate points on the curve.  For Inns, the NPV at 10% probability is $ 0.6 billion, the NPV at 50% probability is $ 1.0 billion, and the NPV at 90% probability is $ 1.6 billion.  The S-shaped curve for the Hotels facility group is in the middle of the figure and uses small diamonds to designate points on the curve.  For Hotels, the NPV at 10% probability is $ 1.3 billion, the NPV at 50% probability is $ 1.9 billion, and the NPV at 90% probability is $ 2.7 billion.  The S-shaped curve for the Motels facility group is on the right-hand side of the figure and uses small triangles to designate points on the curve.  For Motels, the NPV at 10% probability is $ 1.4  billion, the NPV at 50% probability is $ 2.2 billion, and the NPV at 90% probability is $ 3.4 billion.