Figure 13: NPV Comparison -- Safe Harbor Policy: SH/RA50/ B1991 , NSH/RA50/ B1991

The figure shows two S-shaped curves that compare the likely NPV for "safe harbor" and "no safe harbor" scenarios. The x axis is labeled "Net Present Value (billions $)" and the y axis is labeled "Probability of Not Exceeding."  The S-shaped curve for the "no safe harbor" scenario is on the left-hand side of the Figure.  For the "no safe harbor" S-shaped curve, the NPV at 10% probability is $ 0.1 billion, the NPV at 50% probability is $ 3.3 billion, and the NPV at 90% probability is $ 6.9 billion.  The S-shaped curve for the "safe harbor" scenario is on the right-hand side of the Figure.  For the "safe harbor" S-shaped curve, the NPV at 10% probability is $ 4.7 billion, the NPV at 50% probability is $ 7.6 billion, and the NPV at 90% probability is $ 11.0 billion.