LINDSAY HOUSE - ATTACHMENT S
I. Building Entrance Issues
A. First Floor Front Entrance (West side of building)
The first floor front entrance is inaccessible.
The maneuvering space is not level.
There are steps with 16 risers to the front door from Chapel Hill Road.
The threshold is inaccessible.
There are no directional signs.
1. Link the entry porch for Lindsay House to a new accessible ramp with handrails that extends from Woodland Hall to the entry porch. Standards §§ 4.3, 4.8.
2. Provide a new accessible ramp at the entrance door with a level maneuvering space on the exterior side of the door as required by the ADA Standards. Standards §§ 4.13.6, 4.3.
3. Provide a new accessible threshold. Standards § 4.13.8.
II. Accessible Route Issues to Student Spaces
Interior Routes by Floor Level
A. First Floor
There are steps making the first floor inaccessible.
1. As an alternative to installing an elevator in this multi-story facility, provide services on the proposed new accessible entry level. 28 C.F.R. § 36.305.
B. Second and Third Floors
There are steps making the second and third floors inaccessible.
1. As an alternative to installing an elevator in this multi-story facility, provide services to and hold any faculty-student conferences for persons who use wheelchairs in the conference room on the entry level. 28 C.F.R. § 36.305.
III. Miscellaneous Issues
There are no visual fire alarms.
1. Install visual fire alarms in accordance with the requirement in paragraph 12 of the Agreement. Standards § 4.28.3.