Withdrawn Technical Assistance and Guidance Documents
Withdrawal of Nine Technical Assistance Documents
December 21, 2017—The Department of Justice has withdrawn and, where applicable, removed from ADA.gov the below-listed technical assistance documents. Each document is outdated and does not fully reflect current law or has been replaced by a more up-to-date document. Withdrawal of a guidance document does not change covered entities’ legal responsibilities, as reflected in the ADA, its implementing regulations, and other binding legal requirements and judicial precedent. The Department will continue to fully and fairly enforce all laws within its jurisdiction, including the ADA.
- Common ADA Problems at Newly Constructed Lodging Facilities (November 1999)
- Title III Highlights (last updated 2008), including the Spanish version
- Title II Highlights (last updated 2008), including the Spanish version
- ADA TA: Technical Assistance Update—Common Questions: Readily Achievable Barrier Removal; Design Details: Van Accessible Parking Spaces (August 1996)
- Commonly Asked Questions about Service Animals in Places of Business (July 1996)*
- ADA Business Brief: Service Animals (April 2002)*
- Common ADA Errors and Omissions in New Construction and Alterations (June 1997)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Questions and Answers (co-authored by EEOC) (May 2002), including versions in Cambodian, Chinese, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese
- Myths and Facts About the Americans with Disabilities Act (1995)
Disability Rights Section
Civil Rights Division
U.S. Department of Justice
* This document is being withdrawn but will still be available in the Archive section of ADA.gov because it is relied upon in ADA rulemaking documents.